This year, Russia is hosting the International Economic Forum in St Petersburg (16th – 18th June) where Kitty Parry, CEO and founder of Social Media Compliance (SMC), will be hosting a panel looking at the advent new technology platforms and the impact these are likely to have on the finance industry.
Members of the panel include:
- Alexander Afanasiev, Chairman of the Executive Board, Moscow Exchange
- William Sheedy, Executive Vice-President for Corporate Strategy, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Government Relations, Visa Inc.
- Vartan Dilanian, Country Managing Director, Accenture in Russia
- Raoul van Engelshoven, Vice President for Banking and Financial Markets in Europe, IBM
- Oliver Hughes, Chairman of the Management Board, Tinkoff Bank
- Vladimir Komlev, General Director, JSC National System of Payment Cards
- Dmitry Olyunin, Chairman of the Management Board, Rosbank
- Laurent Le Maol, Chief Executive Office, PayU
FinTech and its influence on the financial services industry is constantly challenging the way organisations function. Furthermore, partnerships between financial organisations and FinTech providers are becoming increasingly fundamental to the future success of the sector.
In March, PwC released a report exploring how FinTech is shaping financial services and emerging trends within the industry. In the survey, 75% of respondents noted that meeting changing customer needs was the most important challenge ?? to their businesses, from a FinTech perspective (http://goo.gl/5LWbhM).
We very much look forward to hearing opinions on this from some of the industry’s leading experts over the course of the conference and expect some thought provoking insights…watch this space for key conclusions.